Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's been a long time...

...I shouldn't have left you.

I was about to write that not much has happened, but that's actually not the case. I went to Vegas with my man and saw lots of cool stuff and had a good time AND walked away with a little money in my pocket :)

In other news, I am registered to take the PHR test (again) on May 5, and I refuse to fail again. It's pretty long but very do-able. And I think I am going to apply to a couple more business schools. My talk with the admissions person at Northwestern was pretty discouraging and pretty much knocked me off my horse for a few months. But when I look back on it, it wasn't really terrible. Yes, I should have sent my stuff in sooner. And it's understandable that they would want more management experience. But those aren't things that I can't change. In the meantime, I'll just apply to schools whose bar is set a little lower. I'm all about lowering my standards anyways. Can't do a pull up? It's ok, there's the flexed arm hang. Can't speak Korean very well? It's ok, there's a translator app.

...just kidding. I mean, I'm signed up for the Berlin marathon in September and there's no lowering the bar for that. It's 26.2 miles or... 26.2 miles. Do or die. I miss running. I miss the liberation and pain. Is it just me or do those two things seem to go hand in hand? ...yeah, it's probably just me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment