We discovered that we had pantry moths this weekend. If you don't know what these are, google them. But be warned that they are pretty gross. We had to throw away a ton of food and basically spray the whole area with stuff to kill any possible remnants. I hate bugs, and it would be the one reason I would not succeed on fear factor. One moth on its own isn't so bad, but the idea of many moths breeding and feeding on our food gives me chills and makes me want to throw up, so Lou did a lot of the cleaning (bless his soul). It was hard for us to throw away so much food, but because we didn't know how much damage the moths had done, we wanted to be safe rather than sorry.
Now, let me just say that I am no holy Joe or Jane, there were much more Sundays that I didn't go to church in the past year, I don't read the bible everyday, and I seem to pray often in desperate situations, but God is very sovereign and his love goes far beyond my deservance or understanding. He brought a passage to my heart: Matthew 6:19-21. I have read these verses many many times in my life, but at this time, the verses had a relevance that exceeded any other time. It says "Don't store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven where moths and rust cannot destroy and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there your heart will also be."
I am thankful that God loves me so much that he takes things from me, not in anger or out of an evil heart, but out of love, to show me where my treasure is, and to remind me of His everlasting love. I am pretty stubborn and prideful, so I know that this was not God's first attempt to show me this, but real love doesn't give up.
No comments:
Post a Comment