Thursday, December 8, 2011

What goes up, must come down.

I knew that after what I posted yesterday, life would challenge me. I still think that some things are worth trying and trying again for; I'm just feeling a little discouraged at the moment. Sometimes it feels like there are too many things to fight, and then there's the fight with myself. Fighting can get exhausting, which just means that I need to make sure that I'm fighting for the right things... and also know when to stop fighting.

There's this parable that Jesus tells Peter when Peter asks how many times he should forgive a person. It's about a servant who owes his master a modern-day equivalent of several million dollars. The servant couldn't pay, the master had pity on the servant, and erased his debt. Then the servant goes out and sees a guy who owes him a couple thousand dollars. He demands his money and when the guy can't pay, the servant has the guy thrown in jail until he can repay the whole amount. WTF right?

But yeah, that's me. I would go into further explanation but... I don't want to. I feel like that's all I need to say- that's me. I'm that servant. And I think I spend a lot of time fighting the wrong things. I think that sometimes I need to put away my boxing gloves and look at the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment