I am at jury duty today. I'd like to say that I'm here because I want to fulfill my civic duty but the truth is, I got a summons from the state of IL threatening embarrassment in front of my friends and coworkers if I fail to show up for jury duty a second time. Being here is very reminiscent of Saturday detention in high school. I was a good kid but somehow I ended up in Saturday detention almost every week. I think when I graduated I still had 3 Saturdays to serve.. maybe they just got transferred to my sister. I wouldn't be surprised; she used to always complain about having to endure the residual effects of my delinquent behavior.
But seriously, this is tortorous. I'm all about serving my state, or county, or whatever, but there's gotta be a less painful way to do so. With all this technology and stuff, we should be able to serve jury duty via Skype or something. Then I wouldn't have to get felt up by a security guard after going through a metal detector or sit in these rock hard chairs.
All in all though, I guess I can't complain too much. I didn't have to go to work today, and I got to have lunch with my crazy boyfriend. Fulfilling my civic duty definitely has its perks.
**EDIT**
Perk #3... cha ching! We goin Sizzler, we goin Sizzler!
hmmmm..... your crazy boyfriend is starting to notice a trend of being called crazy on the internet..... :-)
ReplyDelete